We NURTURE and love each other through fellowship as a family of faith.
Stephen Ministry is a lay ministry that helps those facing life’s difficulties receives Christian love and support through one-to-one, confidential, caring relationships. Stephen Ministers are members of our congregation who have been specially trained to support people in need and are grounded in Jesus’ command to love one another.
Click HERE for more information.
Click HERE if you are interested in becoming a Stephen Minister.
SHPC offers a grief support ministry for anyone who grieving the death of a loved one – whether that loss happened recently or some time ago. This is an 8-week journey that is designed to take participants from mourning to joy. Each week you will be presented with a topic on grief in a video put together by experts in the field as well as hear from individuals who have suffered loss themselves. Acknowledging that God is the Healer of all wounds, GriefShare materials are Christ-centered and Biblically-based. Groups meet in the spring and fall on Mondays at 6:00 p.m. Workbooks are provided.
Knox Co. Health Dept. COVID vaccine
Click HERE for sign-up tips from our Parish Nurse.
WEEKLY YOGA CLASSES
Bring your yoga mat, a towel, and some drinking water and join the class on the front patio on Mondays and/or Thursdays at 10am. a $5 donation for the instructor is appreciated.
WEEKLY YOGA CLASSES are available on the front lawn. Bring your yoga mat, a towel, and water and join the class on Mondays and/or Fridays at 10am. A $5 donation for the instructor is appreciated.
Laurette Beekman, Parish Nurse
Parish Nursing is an Interdenominational Program, which reclaims the spiritual dimension of nursing care providing a holistic approach to patient care. Here at Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church, our parish nurse
• works with the Senior Adults;
• visits the sick, homebound, hospitalized, and those living in nursing home/assisted living facilities;
• utilizes a large phone ministry;
• arranges health fairs;
• provides speakers for Stephen Ministers continuing education;
• coordinates the monthly Church and Community Luncheon;
• schedules Medic Blood Drives;
• organizes Flu Shot Campaigns;
• provides monthly Blood Pressure Screenings;
• provides CPR training;
• established Tai Chi classes for both beginning and continuing students to improve balance, strength, and reduce stress for all ages;
• Began an interactive handwashing campaign for SHEEP students;
• created a medical equipment closet providing wheelchairs, walkers, bedside commodes, shower chairs to those in need;
• Helped form and participates in the Health and Wholeness Committee, which infuses the concept of healthy practices into all aspects of the church.
We respond to God’s grace through the gift of prayer. The Christian life is one of constant prayer, as the challenge of everyday discipleship requires daily disciplines of faith. Prayer is an opportunity to draw inspiration and strength from one’s relationship with God in Jesus Christ. “The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.” James 5:16b
- Click HERE to submit a Prayer Request for the SHPC Prayer Chain.
- Click HERE to submit a Private Prayer Request to a pastor.
- All prayer warriors are invited to become members of the SHPC Prayer Chain. Email Pam Fritts and let her know to add you to our list.
- The Visitation Team regularly visits members who are homebound or living in extended care facilities, and remembers them on special occasions such as their birthdays and on holidays. This tender connection means the world to both the one visited and to the visitor!
- The Hospitality/Meal Team provides meals to those discharged from the hospital or rehabilitation center, or to the bereaved family in the event of a death. The team also provides meals to families with brand new babies! One other privilege for this committee is to provide refreshments following Memorial services at the church.
- The Transportation Team provides rides to Worship or special events at the church for our members who no longer drive.