Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- To support the mission of the church worldwide,
- To provide for local and regional missions,
- To work for justice and peace, and
- To build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Circle Meetings occur at 10:00 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the Fowler Conference Room (September – May).
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN CIRCLE
Fellowship and Bible Study—2nd Tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. (Fowler Conference Room). Contact: Pam Fritts, 522-5181
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING BIBLE STUDIES
4:30 p.m. “Women in the Word” (45+) in Room 317. Contact: Becky Guyton, 522-9804
6:15 p.m. “Younger Women’s Bible Study” in Room 319. Contact: Erin Saunders,
Horizons Bible Study 2015-2016 Come to the Waters, by: Judy Record Fletcher
Just as water nourishes our bodies, so the Scriptures on water norish our souls. In this study, we consider the waters of chaos in Genesis, and the River of Life in the last chapter of Revelation, where chaos is no more. Water plays a central role in the stories of Creation, the delivery of God’s people (throughthe parting of the Red Sea and the crossing of the Jordan River), judgment of a people weak in faith, and the adoption of the people of God through Baptism. Sometimes there is too much water (think Noah) and sometimes there is too little water (think drought in the dessert). Together, we will explore some of the Bible’s 800 references to water.