We EQUIP people for discipleship through Christian education and
NURTURE and love each other through fellowship as a family of faith.
Sunday School – Virtual classes available for all ages.
Adult Fellowship 10 am (Zoom): composed of mostly 20-40 year olds exploring what the Bible teaches about faith, marriage, and parenting. We value biblical knowledge, lively discussion, fellowship with one another and other outreach ministries.
Foundations 10 am (Zoom): composed of mature adult Christians who seek to grow their Christian faith deeper and stronger through study together. Discussion is lively and informed.
Bible Explorers 10 am (Zoom): composed of all ages of adults studying both the Old and New Testament through lecture and other teaching methods to encourage understanding and application of the Scripture.
Christian Growth 10am (Zoom): composed of mature adult Christians who seek to grow their Christian faith deeper and stronger through study together. Discussion is lively and informed.
Wednesdays (Note: Wednesday Dinners for 2020 have concluded)
Wednesdays at SHPC center around our Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinner, one of the highlights of our week.
It’s a time to gather with others in our church family, all ages … just for fun, conversation, and a good meal! Guests are welcome, too.
Come join in, with the meal available from 5:15 until 6:00 p.m. Reservations help us greatly in planning the weekly meal. Please use the RSVP for WNF button in the Latest Information section of the home page each week if you plan to attend.
Disciple Small Group (Genesis): Every other Monday at 6:30pm (off site)
Wednesday Co-Ed Study: 10am via Zoom
Wednesday Evening Studies: Women 45+ (Zoom) at 6:00 p.m. | Casual Bible Study (off site) at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday Men’s Group: 8am via Zoom
Friday Men’s Group: 7am via Zoom
Advent By Candlelight will have a different format this year. Please join the Women’s Ministry Committee each Wednesday for an uplifting and spiritual message from our guest speakers:
week 1 ● December 2 ● HOPE ● Rachel Hamburger
week 2 ● December 9 ● LOVE ● Eleanor Barron
week 3 ● December 16 ● JOY ● Karen Lampley
week 4 ● December 23 ● PEACE ● Frances Howell
Videos will be posted below each Wednesday at noon. We pray these will be
a blessing for you to enjoy and share with your family and friends.
Supper Clubs are an expression of Christian fellowship and hospitality. They are a great way for everyone who calls Sequoyah Church their “church home” to meet other friends they may have shared fellowship with or have worshipped with. These dinners are held in a casual, but lively setting of eight to ten persons. Groups will meet at least 4 or 5 times from October through May. All adults (regardless of age or marital status) are encouraged to sign up! Participation of children is at the discretion of the host; however, childcare is typically not available. Call 522-9804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. for more information.
- Church-Wide Retreat: Every other year, Springtime calls Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church back to Montreat, North Carolina. Montreat Conference Center is a scenic twenty minute drive from Asheville, North Carolina, and offers it’s guests friendly hospitality in its warm and casual setting. Montreat has thirteen hiking trails and 4,000 acres of pristine wilderness. Hiking, canoeing, paddle boating, fishing, and tennis are a few of the activities available when visiting Montreat. Saturday afternoon there is time for game at the ball field or a stroll around the grounds. Young families enjoy the playground just down the road from Assembly Inn. Join us for the fun and fellowship, and see all Montreat has to offer. Next Retreat: 2021
- Men’s Retreat: 2022
- Women’s Retreat: 2022
- Annual Family Camping Trip: Each year in the Fall, members of Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church make a pilgrimage to one of the many local camping areas to spend some quality outdoor time together. This is always a wonderful time of fellowship and worship. Our last few trips have taken us to Big South Fork’s Bandy Creek. Next Trip: October 2021. For more information, email Dave Petersen or Jen Petersen.
JOY Fellowship (Adults 55+): The committee meets on the second Monday of every other month at 12:30 p.m. in Room 232 to plan events to make sure that all our members are busy and connected.
- The Church & Community Fellowship Luncheon is on the second Thursday of every month (Sept-June) at Noon in the Fellowship Hall. The luncheon features a health issues speaker every other month.
- Monthly Outings provide great opportunity for fellowship.
- The Monday Movie Matinee is the fourth Monday of every month (except for holidays) at 3:00 p.m. in the Multi-Media Room of the Spitzer Education Building. All adults are welcome! Light refreshments will be served.
- Blood Pressure Screenings are taken by our Parish Nurse on the second Sunday of every month at 9:30 a.m. and Noon in the Reception Room. Members and neighbors are welcome to call Laurette Beekman in the church office (522-9804) to set up an appointment to have their blood pressure taken during the week.
SHPC Young Adult Ministries includes those in college, graduate school, young professionals, and families with young children. College-age adults are welcome to join us in worship and Sunday school.
- The Presbyterian Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (http//:www.ukirkutk.org) is also just a few miles from SHPC and offers weekday collegiate Bible studies, service events, and much more!
- SHPC believes strongly in the need for young adults to connect with one another regularly in fellowship and faith. Young adults gather weekly in worship, Sunday school, Bible study, fellowship, and service. Events include swim parties, supper clubs, sporting events, and picnics. Service is age-oriented and includes Operation Backyard each spring and inter-generational outreach such as food and housing service. Some ministry opportunities are designed for couples, while others are more child-friendly so there is something for everyone.