We WELCOME all people to a journey of faith in Christ.
CHURCH HEALTH TASK FORCE
Dottie Arnett, Laurette Beekman, Elise Denneny, Rachel Hamburger, Jay Howell, Klair Kimmey, Jim Kirksey, Mark Lampley, Katie McHargue, Jim Mitchell, Sheila White
Update: August 31, 2020 –OUTDOOR MEETING SPACE
Good news. Starting September 13, if your group, committee, or class would like to resume meeting at the church, here’s how we’re taking this next step:
• Scheduled and approved in-person activities will be held outdoors until further notice. Click HERE to register for an outdoor space.
• Your group or committee would register on the church calendar like you normally would.
• All attendees would need to be recorded and submitted to the church office for possible contact tracing.
• Please bring your own chairs/seating.
• Maintain physical distancing of six feet between those of different households.
• For groups of <10 people, masks encouraged but not required.
• For groups of 11-25 people, masks are required.
• For groups of >25 people, we’ll need to wait a little longer.
Update: June 30, 2020 –CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
Starting Monday, July 6, our church office will maintain open hours 9 AM – 12 PM, Monday through Friday. During these hours, a staff member will be available to take phone calls, and various staff members may be working at the church, following various protocols to maintain everyone’s safety.
A few added notes for measures we’ll need to take during office hours:
- Essential Business and Appointments Only: At this time the church office will be open for essential business only, and any activities like committee meetings, Bible studies, or other groups are encouraged to continue to meet remotely or off-site, following previous guidelines. For the time being, we will need to wait a little longer before we can responsibly host activities at the church or even more casual “drop-in” visits
- Masks: Staff members will be wearing masks when not in their personal offices, and for our staff’s safety, we ask that any visitors wear a mask while at the church as well.
- One Entrance/Exit: In order to properly record contact and do necessary screening, all visitors during open hours please enter the church through the main office door.
- Working Remotely: During open hours, a staff member will be present to answer the phone and office door, but all other staff members will have the option to be present in the church office or to continue working remotely as they feel comfortable.
Update: June 23, 2020 – NEW 8:30 WORSHIP SERVICE
Starting Sunday, June 28, we will begin a second worship service on Sunday mornings on the Patio between Barron Hall and the Church Office.
A few things to note as far as details for this service:
- Format and Length: It will be similar to the 11:00 service in structure but our aim is to keep it fairly simple, more relaxed, and a bit shorter—probably about 35-45 minutes long.
- Seating: Worshipers are asked to bring their own lawn chairs or picnic blankets and to spread out in the front lawn, maintaining proper physical distancing of at least six feet between households.
- Face Coverings: Masks are encouraged, out of consideration for the safety of everyone gathered, but because the service it’s outdoors, they are not required.
- Music: We will be led in music by our worship leaders, but we’ll refrain for now from congregational singing. Because it’s a different setting, we may include different music from the 11:00 in future weeks as well.
- Number: There is not at this time a set maximum number for this outdoor service.
- Registration: We ask that any who would come to this service still register online. Registration helps us keep track of who is present without passing an attendance pad. Should someone test positive for COVID later on, we have to do our part to help with contact tracing. If you’re not able to register in advance for the 8:30 service, we ask that you be sure to register you and your household when you arrive.
- Childcare: We regret that we are still unable to provide nursery care or childcare during the service at this time. Children of all ages are welcome to join as you feel comfortable!
- Weather: If bad weather is probable, we will notify cancellation of the service via church-wide email early Sunday morning. If bad weather is only possible (you never know in the South) we may adjust the placement of the worship service but still keep it outdoors. At this time, moving the service indoors in case of bad weather is not an option due to sanitization demands and ventiliation for what could be a larger crowd.
- At-Risk Individuals: Similar to the 11:00 service, we encourage any who would potentially be more susceptible to COVID-19 (whether by age or health condition) to continue to worship online, but we leave this decision up to the individuals.
The 11:00 service will continue to be livestreamed and available for in-person worship under the same guidelines as before.