We NURTURE and love each other through fellowship as a family of faith.
Purpose and Mission Statement
As part of Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church’s overall mission, The Deacons’ Fund Ministry serves church members in times of temporary financial crisis by providing financial assistance from The Deacons’ Fund. The fund is based on a spirit and intent of Christian compassion. Financial support may go toward items such as an unexpected medical bill, a family crisis, a job loss or change that brings financial hardship.
A New Employment Ministry
If you need job information or have a job to offer, our deacons have started a new ministry of prayer and support based on a network of ideas and leads. Email your request or opportunity by clicking the link below. One Deacon will read your email confidentially and respond.
We respond to God’s grace through the gift of prayer. The Christian life is one of constant prayer, as the challenge of everyday discipleship requires daily disciplines of faith. Prayer is an opportunity to draw inspiration and strength from one’s relationship with God in Jesus Christ. “The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.” James 5:16b
- Click HERE to submit a Prayer Request for the SHPC Prayer Chain.
- Click HERE to submit a Private Prayer Request to a pastor.
- All prayer warriors are invited to become members of the SHPC Prayer Chain. Email Pam Fritts and let her know to add you to our list.
Beginning October 3, a deacon will be available to pray with you after each Worship Service. If you attend the 8:45 Service, go to the Fowler Conference Room. If you attend the 11:00 Service, go to the Chapel. Let us pray with you!
WEEKLY YOGA CLASSES
Bring your yoga mat, a towel, and some drinking water and join the class in The Loft (second floor of the Spitzer Building) on Mondays and/or Thursdays at 10:15am. a $5 donation for the instructor is appreciated.
FOCUS ON HEALTH
-The September event has been postponed-
September 16 at 5:30 pm: Join us for dinner ($5) and “Calming the Storm Within” led by Lisa Oglesby, PhD, who will explore the constructs of stress, anxiety, and depression in our lives. Call 522-9804 to register.
- The Visitation Team regularly visits members who are homebound or living in extended care facilities, and remembers them on special occasions such as their birthdays and on holidays. This tender connection means the world to both the one visited and to the visitor!
- The Hospitality/Meal Team provides meals to those discharged from the hospital or rehabilitation center, or to the bereaved family in the event of a death. The team also provides meals to families with brand new babies! One other privilege for this committee is to provide refreshments following Memorial services at the church.
- The Transportation Team provides rides to Worship or special events at the church for our members who no longer drive.
Laurette Beekman, Parish Nurse
Parish Nursing is an Interdenominational Program, which reclaims the spiritual dimension of nursing care providing a holistic approach to patient care. Here at Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church, our parish nurse
• acts as a health educator, resource and referral agent, and advocate;
• visits the sick, homebound, hospitalized, and those living in nursing home/assisted living facilities;
• utilizes a large phone ministry;
• arranges health education and exercise programs;
• provides speakers for Stephen Ministers continuing education;
• coordinates the monthly Church and Community Luncheon;
• organizes Flu Shot Clinics;
• provides monthly Blood Pressure Screenings;
• provides CPR training;
• Began an interactive handwashing campaign for SHEEP students;
• created a medical equipment closet providing wheelchairs, walkers, bedside commodes, shower chairs to those in need;
• Helped form and participates in the Health and Wholeness Committee, which infuses the concept of healthy practices into all aspects of the church.