We EQUIP people for discipleship through Christian education and
NURTURE and love each other through fellowship as a family of faith.
Sunday School (9:30 am)
Adult Fellowship (Room 320): composed of mostly 20-40 year olds exploring what the Bible teaches about faith, marriage, and parenting. We value biblical knowledge, lively discussion, fellowship with one another and other outreach ministries.
Bible Explorers: (Chapel and Zoom): composed of all ages of adults studying both the Old and New Testament through lecture and other teaching methods to encourage understanding and application of the Scripture.
Christian Growth (via Zoom until further notice): composed of mature adult Christians who seek to grow their Christian faith deeper and stronger through study together. Discussion is lively and informed.
YAGOs (Room 322): composed mostly of Christians men and women in the “middle years” of life. The class combines study, discussion, fellowship, and service.
Wednesdays at SHPC center around our Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinner, one of the highlights of our week.
It’s a time to gather with others in our church family, all ages … just for fun, conversation, and a good meal! Guests are welcome, too.
Come join in, with the meal available from 5:15 until 6:00 p.m. beginning August 18. Reservations help us greatly in planning the weekly meal. Please use the RSVP for WNF button in the Latest Information section of the home page each week if you plan to attend.
Disciple Small Group (Genesis): Every other Monday at 6:30pm (off site)
Wednesday Co-Ed Study: 10:30am in the Fowler Conference Room and via Zoom
Wednesday Evening Studies: Women 45+ (Zoom) at 6:00 p.m. | Casual Bible Study (off site) at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday Men’s Group: 8am via Zoom
Friday Men’s Group: 7am via Zoom
L.I.F.E. (Living Intentionally Faithfully Expectantly) Groups are being planned. Check back soon for more information!
Women Walking in the Word: Small groups of four to six women meet at Lakeshore Park for a Bible Study and a short or long walk. Groups continue to meet, once a week, for moments in the Word and a brisk walk. If you were not a part of a group this fall but would like to join in, email Julieanne Foy. Groups meet at different times. The fellowship is awesome!
2021 CHURCH-WIDE STAY-RETREAT: “DO WITH MANY WHAT JESUS DID WITH TWELVE”
Mark your calendars for the weekend of August 13-15, ending on Rally Day Sunday!
Join in for fellowship, food, and fun as we learn more about Jesus and explore discipleship as He taught and is recorded in Mark 1-2. Buddy Sexton, local pastor and businessman, will be our guest speaker. Many of you will remember Buddy as he preached at SHPC during our pastor search a couple years ago. Kick-off will be Friday afternoon/evening at The Pavilion at Hunter Valley Farm with games, food trucks, first speaker’s session, and a band to follow.Saturday will begin, for the early birds, with a morning walk and “Morning Watch” devotional time at Lakeshore Park. All other activities will take place at SHPC. A Saturday light breakfast will be served, group photo, second speaker’s session, break-out sessions and communion, followed by a boxed lunch. Free time in the afternoon will offer many options of activities for all age groups, a supper in the evening in Barron Hall with a skit performed by the Youth, and closing with sing-along music on the lawn.Sunday will be normal Rally Day activities with a morning breakfast, opportunity for children to meet their new Sunday school teachers in their new classrooms, all prior to the 11:00 am worship service.Nursery and child care will be provided Friday evening and Saturday morning. The cost for the stay-retreat, apart from Rally Day Sunday which is free, is $50 adults, $20 children. (The cost includes Friday evening meal and three meals on Saturday.) Online reservations will be taken July 11- August 2. You may also call the church office for reservations beginning July 12.
JOY Fellowship (Adults 55+): The committee meets on the second Monday of every other month at 12:30 p.m. in Room 232 to plan events to make sure that all our members are busy and connected.
- The Church & Community Fellowship Luncheon is on the second Thursday of every month (Sept-June) at Noon in the Fellowship Hall. The luncheon features a health issues speaker every other month.
- Monthly Outings provide great opportunity for fellowship.
- The Monday Movie Matinee is the fourth Monday of every month (except for holidays) at 3:00 p.m. in the Multi-Media Room of the Spitzer Education Building. All adults are welcome! Light refreshments will be served.
- Blood Pressure Screenings are taken by our Parish Nurse on the second Sunday of every month at 9:30 a.m. and Noon in the Reception Room. Members and neighbors are welcome to call Laurette Beekman in the church office (522-9804) to set up an appointment to have their blood pressure taken during the week.
SHPC Young Adult Ministries includes those in college, graduate school, young professionals, and families with young children. College-age adults are welcome to join us in worship and Sunday school.
- The Presbyterian Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (http//:www.ukirkutk.org) is also just a few miles from SHPC and offers weekday collegiate Bible studies, service events, and much more!
- SHPC believes strongly in the need for young adults to connect with one another regularly in fellowship and faith. Young adults gather weekly in worship, Sunday school, Bible study, fellowship, and service. Events include swim parties, supper clubs, sporting events, and picnics. Service is age-oriented and includes Operation Backyard each spring and inter-generational outreach such as food and housing service. Some ministry opportunities are designed for couples, while others are more child-friendly so there is something for everyone.